Cauliflower and Lentil Tacos--Vegan Meal Alert!
Some days you just need a break from meat. Its great for the environment, easy on the wallet, and can be an awesome source of fiber to keep your colon cleaned out. Roasted Cauliflower and Lentil Tacos with Creamy Chipotle Sauce I was skeptical at first but I absolutely loved this dish and will be making it again. Total Time: 50 minutes Serves: 2-4 Ingredients: Cauliflower: 1 large head of cauliflower, sliced into bite sized florets 2-3 tablespoons olive oil salt and ground pepper Lentils: 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 cup chopped onion (yellow or white) 2 large garlic cloves 2 tablespoons tomato paste 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon chili powder 3/4 cup brown lentils- rinsed and picked over 2 cups vegetables broth or water Chipotle sauce: 1/3 cup vegan mayo OR regular mayo OR sour cream OR and unflavored Greek yogurt (cooking is fun because there are so many different ways to make the same thing :-) 2 tablespoon lime juice ( I used lemons because thats what I had) 2-3 tablespoo...


Comments
Post a Comment