Meal of the Day- Maple Dijon Chicken

Maple Dijon Chicken

The weekend is almost here! I made this dish last night and I was surprised at how yummy it was! Now, there is maple syrup involved, so you'll want to make sure you pair this chicken with a non-starchy vegetable. I has a salad, but green beans would probably be really good mixed in with the sauce in this dish. I hope you enjoy it, I know I did. 

Serves: 2

Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients: 


2 tablespoons olive oil

2 chicken breast or chicken thigh ( I made three to have lunch for the next day)

kosher salt

fresh ground pepper

1/4 cup maple syrup

2.5 Tablespoons dijon mustard

1/4 teaspoon of cornstarch

Directions: 

1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. 

2. Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of chicken. Place chicken in pan, Cook 5-6 minutes on each side, until chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm (I normally put it on a plate in the microwave). 



3. Add dijon mustard and syrup to the pan, whisk until smooth. Add cornstarch to the pan, whisk vigorously until smooth, add a little more cornstarch if you want the sauce thicker. 

4. Bring the chicken back to the pan and cover it well with the maple dijon sauce. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutrient Content Claims

Breaded Ranch Chicken

Overnight Oats- Vegan Breakfast Option!