Meal of the Day!

Marinated Chicken Breasts:

Prep:5 minutes +Marinating | Grill: 15 minutes
Servings: 4




This recipe really sounded strange to me at first, I just couldn’t wrap my head around that combination of ingredients. 
As you could tell by the look on my face I wasn’t’t sure, but I know marinated meats are easier to digest after weight loss surgery so this was one I had to try.
 To my delight the chicken was very good and tasted like teriyaki. I served this meal with the Sriracha Brussels Sprouts and 1 Red potato. 





















Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of lemon lime soda
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 1/4 tsp. Garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. Prepared Horseradish 
  • 2 chicken breasts ( cut in half for 4 pieces)





Directions: 
  1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soda, soy sauce, oil, garlic powder, and horseradish; add chicken. 
  2. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate over night.
  3. Drain and discard marinade. 
  4. Grill chicken uncovered over medium heat for 6-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.





*Serve with Sriracha Brussels Sprouts or your favorite veggie side dish. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nutrient Content Claims

Breaded Ranch Chicken

Overnight Oats- Vegan Breakfast Option!